How To Apply For Driver’s License In Ghana
If one has a vehicle or motorcycle and wants to drive freely on our roads without any problems, then what they must do is to apply for a driving license in Ghana.
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) in Ghana is the only Institution in charge of issuing out drivers license to individuals who wants to obtain it.
READ ALSO: How To Become A Bolt Driver In Ghana
Licenses are important and this is because the Motor Transport and Traffic Department (MTTD) of the Ghana Police Service requests and inspects these from all people driving on our roads in Ghana.
How to apply for a new driver’s license in Ghana
To apply for a driver’s license in Ghana, the applicants are first of all required to;
- Be physically present at any DVLA officer in Ghana.
- Be of a minimum age of 18 years.
- You should have a Basic Education (B.E.C.E.) or Adult Education, Ability to read and write.
- Passport Pictures.
Next Procedure is to:
- Purchase and completion of Forms F and F1.
- Physical examination and eye test.
- Payment and issuance of Learner Driver’s Permit, L-Plate, Syllabus and Highway Code.
- Compulsory 48-hour training with a DVLA accredited driving school.
- Capture of Biometric information and scheduling for a written test.
- Written exams (Computer-Based test).
- Oral examination.
- In-Traffic Test.
- Payment of Driver’s license and P-Plate fees.
- Capture for Driver’s license.
- Issuance of Temporary Driver’s license and P-Plate.
- Issuance of Driver’s license.
Types of Driver’s license in Ghana
1. Type A.
2. Type B.
3. Type C.
4. Type D.
5. Type E.
6. Type F.
How to renew a driver’s license in Ghana
Renewals dates are indicated behind every license issued out by the DVLA. At least it takes two years before a license is renewed or validated.
Below are the procedures to renew a driver’s license in Ghana;
- The applicant must be present at the DVLA premises.
- Come along with Expired License.
- One colored passport sized photograph.
- Applicant must present himself with expired license.
- Pay for F1
- Undergo eye test.
- Make payment for renewal.
- Driver’s license is renewed after passing of eye test.