The Gates Scholarship 2024 program (TGS) is opened and accepting applicants. However, this scholarship scheme is done yearly in the United States with all expenses covered by the Secretariat.
The Bill Gates Scholarship offers 300 students the chance to study in Universities in the United States. With regards to it’s being Fully Funded, it means it’s a full scholarship. Applicants are selected based on certain criteria which will be discussed further in this article.
READ ALSO: How To Become A Citizen of Ghana
Each year 300 students who excel after applying are offered the support by TGS to improve upon their capabilities. The scholarship scheme which started in 1991 has seen many through developing their potentials.
This scholarship is a four-year degree program (undergraduate) and funded by the Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft. This platform offers full financial support to qualified students to study in any not-for-profit College or University in the United States.
Below are the full details in relation to The Gate Scholarship 2022 which is fully funded.
The Gates Scholarship 2024 Details
Application opens: 15th July, 2023
Deadline for application: 15th September, 2023
Country: United States
Funding: Bill Gates
Qualified no. of scholars: 300 students
Qualification: Undergraduate (four-year degree level)
Cost of attendance: Full Scholarship/Fully Funded
Cost of Attendance
This involves all aspect of your education and other expenses covered by The Gates Scholarship program. Selected students will fully be supported till the duration of the scholarship ends.
The cost of attendance covers;
- Tuition fees
- Other personal expenses or cost
Applicant must therefore be;
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Other important information
Also, for American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is for exceptional, minor, high school seniors from low-income family. Thus, those who cannot afford to further their education at the tertiary level.
How To Apply For The Gates Scholarship 2024
Visit on TGS website and click on apply. Follow the procedures and complete your application.
In conclusion, below are the procedures the applicants will go through before selected.
The Scholarship will be available on July 15, 2023
Deadline – September, 2023
Semifinalist phase – December to January, 2023
Finalist interview – March, 2024
Selection – April, 2024
Award – July to September, 2024