Bisa Kdei is a Ghanaian highlife musician, songwriter, guitarist, record producer, businessman, and architect. He is the owner of Black Legendary Music, a music record label in Ghana.
Bisa is the first Ghanaian artiste to gain a breakthrough in the Ghanaian music industry with a movie soundtrack. He is also one of the musicians in Ghana who have remained consistent with the kind of music genres they do.
READ ALSO: Bisa Kdei Jwe Lyrics
Bisa Kdei Profile Summary
Real name: Ronald Kwaku Dei Appiah
Age: 36 years old
Date of Birth: March 19, 1986
Hometown: Larteh, Eastern Region, Ghana.
Facebook: Bisa Kdei
Bisa Kdei Biography
Bisa Kdei was born and raised in Accra, Ghana, to Ghanaian parents from Larteh in the Eastern Region of Ghana. He attended Christian Valley International School and proceeded to the Accra Technical Training Centre (ATTC), where he offered Architectural Drafting. Bisa lost his mum Madam Josephine Bruce on August 19, 2015, at Cocoa Clinic in Accra, Ghana, to an unknown sickness. He is a native of the Akuapem tribe of Ghana and the third child among his parents’ eight children. He has seven siblings.
READ ALSO: Camidoh Biography: Family, Career and More
Currently, Bisa Kdei has no wife and children. However, he is in a relationship, but not with a celebrity. There were rumors in the past that Bisa Kdei was in a relationship with Kumawood actress Benedicta Gafah and Ghanaian singers Becca and Efya Nokturnal, but he debunked these claims.
Before starting full-time music, Bisa Kdei was a jack of all trades, a master to none. He worked for almost six years as an architect, a phone and tv repairer, motion graphics designer, camera operator, editor, and sound engineer, just to name a few.
He had a passion for music when he was fourteen years old, and at age 15, he began writing songs. Kdei’s love and passion for music was influenced by listening to the classical highlife tunes his dad used to play at home. He was inspired by Legendary Ghanaian highlife musicians like Daddy Lumba, Nana Acheampong, and Dr. Paa Bobo.
Bisa Kdei commenced his music career as a rapper with a boys group named “BISA” (Boys In Serious Action). The group consisted of Bisa Kdei, Yoshua, and Smoke. After some time of working together as a group, the group went into a mutual agreement to embark on a solo project, and that’s when Bisa Kdei knew he could become a great singer than just being a rapper.
He was later discovered by Afra Marley, a movie producer who introduced him to the Kumawood movie industry and connected him to work with other filmmakers in the industry. Bisa Kdei started doing motion graphics for movies, and at the same time, he was doing movie soundtracks. It was one of these soundtracks he did for a film titled ‘Azonto Ghost’ that brought him into the limelight, and after that, he has had many hits to his credit, such as Love Letter, Madanfo, and Armageddon.
In 2013, Bisa launched his first music Album dubbed ‘Thanks Giving.’ The album debuted at or near number one in Ghana a few days after it was released and got massive streams on international music platforms like Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, and the local music markets. Following his album, he released a single, ‘Odo Carpenter.’
On June 16, 2015, Bisa Kdei released the lead single, ‘Mansa,’ off his second album, ‘Breakthrough.’ The song laid the foundation for a successful second studio album, which was released on December 18, 2015, under his record label, Black Legendary Music.
After the second album, Kdei began to work on his next album. He released ‘Life,’ a song that features award-winning Nigerian artiste Patoranking as a single. Two additional songs were released on April 19, 2017, titled ‘Apae’ and ‘Feeling,’ the latter featuring Reekado Banks. Bisa Kdei released the album Highlife Konnect in 2018. The album is aimed at connecting him and other African artists and exposing the culture to the world.
Musically, he has had successful collaborations with top musicians in Ghana, Africa, and the world at large. Some of the musicians Bisa has worked with include Kwaw Kese, Sarkodie, Efya, Becca, Patoranking, Obrafuor, R2BEES, E.L, and Others.
He self-produced some of these collaborations from his studio; Beshiwo by Becca, Chingam by Sarkodie, Pimpinaa by Obrafuor, One of Your Own by Efya Nokturnal, etc.
Kdei hopes to win a Grammy award for Ghana someday with his highlife music. He is well-known now in Africa and parts of the world for his hit songs such as Mansa, Asew, and Brother Brother. Bisa played many shows in Ghana. He has traveled to African countries like Cote D’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, and Uganda for shows, and toured foreign countries like the United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland.
In November 2020, Bisa did a remix of his “Asew” song originally released in 2018. The remix was used as a soundtrack for a Netflix’s 2020 Christmas movie, ‘Jingle Jangle.’ He was recruited and composed a music for the movie alongside Usher Raymond, John Legend, Philip Lawrence, Davy Nathan, and Michael Diskint. In August 2021, he met David E. Talbert and his wife Lyn Sisson Talbert who were the producers of the movie ‘Jingle Jangle.’
Bisa has 3 albums. He is expected to release a fourth studio album dubbed ‘Original.’
– Thanks Giving (2013)
– Breakthrough (2015)
– Highlife Konnect (2018)
– Odo Carpenter
– Brother Brother
– Bibi Nti
– Kakyere Me (2022)
– Azonto Ghost
– Party Dey Go
– You Don’t Know Me
– Love Letter
– I Love You
– Bra Bisa
– Love Letter
– Miaa Na Maye
– Brother Brother
– Sister Girl
– Domi Bi
– Bibi Nti
– Aboa Sika
– Azonto Ghost
– Big Boy Weezy
– Azonto Ghost Fiesta
- Bisa Kdei – Life ft. Patoranking
- Bisa Kdei – Sika ft. Gyakie
- Bisa Kdei – Atomesu ft. Para Queso
- Bisa Kdei – Pillow ft. Mugeez (R2Bees)
- Bisa Kdei – Adiza ft Adenkule Gold
- Bisa Kdei – Vamijo ft. Castro
- Bisa Kdei – Fire ft. EfyaBisa Kdei
- Netwerk ft. Medikal
- Bisa Kdei – Meka ft. Fameye
- Bisa Kdei – Feeling ft. Reekado Banks
- Bisa Kdei – Ofie Nipa ft. Sista Afia
- Bisa Kdei – Aban ft. Yaa Yaa
- Bisa Kdei – Pocket ft. Sarkodie
- Bisa Kdei – Love You ft. KiDi (2022)
- Bisa Kdei – Count On Me ft. Mayorkun
- Bisa Kdei – Kutu ft. Sarkodie
- Bisa Kdei – Samina ft. Obrafuor
- Bisa Kdei – Bie Wueni ft. Kumi Guitar
- Bisa Kdei – Doormat ft. Oc Osilliation
- Bisa Kdei – 6 Strings ft. Samini
- Bisa Kdei – Why ft. Bisa Yoshua
- Bisa Kdei – Killer Girl ft. Obibini
- Bisa Kdei – Over ft. Kojo Nkansah (Lil Win)
- Bisa Kdei – ABCD ft. Jah Smoke
- Efya – One Of Your Own ft. Bisa Kdei
- Sarkodie – Chingam ft. Bisa Kdei
- Keche – Diabetes ft. Bisa Kdei
- Goldkay – Odo ft. Bisa Kdei
- DeeVS – Yebeko ft. Bisa Kdei
- Queen Ayorkor – Saa Side Ho ft. Bisa Kdei
- J-Rio – Shuperu ft. Bisa Kdei
- Sarkodie – Obi Doba ft. Bisa Kdei
- Ypee – Goosebumps ft. Bisa Kdei
- EL – Sugar Girl ft. Bisa Kdei
- P Montana – Call Them ft. Bisa Kdei, GHB2B & W1zzy
- D Black – Julie ft. Bisa Kdei
- D Black – Forget Me Not ft. Bisa Kdei
- Gyakie – Sor Mi Mu ft. Bisa Kdei
- Chop Daily – Ohemaa ft. Bisa Kdei & He3B (2022)
- Topflite – Love ft. Bisa Kdei
- PhootPrintz – Jackie Appiah ft. Sarkodie & Bisa Kdei
- Becca – Hw3 ft. Bisa Kdei
- Becca – Beshiwo ft. Bisa Kdei
- Criss Waddle – Ayi ft. Bisa Kdei
- Obrafuor – Pimpinaa ft. Bisa Kdei
- Eno Barony – Winner ft. Bisa Kdei
- Flexclusive – Monalisa ft. Bisa Kdei
- Wendy Shay – Kiss Me On The Phone ft. Bisa Kdei
- M.anifest – W’ani Aba ft. Bisa Kdei
- Blackt Igwe – It’s Over ft. Bisa Kdei
- Funny Face – Basabasa (Remix) ft. Bisa Kdei
- Funny Face – Vanessa ft. Bisa Kdei
- DJ Akuaa – Marry Me ft. Bisa Kdei
- DJ Akuaa – Sing For Me ft. Bisa Kdei & Joey B
- 2Saint – Georgina ft. Bisa Kdei
- Dreycoded – Don’t Care ft. Bisa Kdei
- Reggie – Oh My Lady ft. Bisa Kdei
- Memphis Deepay – From Ghana ft. Bisa Kdei
- Frankie Rhymz – Ghana Mmaa ft. Bisa Kdei
- Silvastone – Susannah (Remix) ft. Bisa Kdei & Kwesi Arthur
- Triplet – Jealousy ft. Bisa Kdei
- A-Star – Baako Riddim ft. Bisa Kdei
- G-West – Bonto ft. Bisa Kdei
- Shaoleen – Ce que n’aimes pas ft. Bisa Kdei
- Lighter – Economics ft. Bisa Kdei
- Stonebwoy – Guy Guy ft. Bisa Kdei
- Destiny – For Girls ft. Bisa Kdei
- Kofi Nti – Ama Adomaa ft. Bisa Kdei
- Strongman – Obi Pe ft. Bisa Kdei
- Kwesi Arthur – Nkwasiasem ft. Lil Win & Bisa Kdei
- Kwaw Kese – Mabodam ft. Bisa Kdei
- Irene Logan – Odo Domi ft. Bisa Kdei
- Castro – Wu Nti ft. Bisa Kdei
- Best movie soundtrack of the year – Ghana Movie Awards 2012.
- Best movie soundtrack of the year – Kumawood Movie Awards 2012.
- Favourite male singer of the year – Ghana Kids Choice Awards 2015
- Best Male Video (Mansa) – 4syte Music Video Awards 2015.
- Video of the Year – African Music Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) 2016
- Artiste of the Year, Best Performer of the Year, Best Male Act, Songwriter of the Year, Best Collaboration of the Year – Music Of Ghanaian Origin (MOGO) Awards 2016.
- Highlife Song Of The Year, Highlife Artiste Of The Year, Most Popular Song Of The Year, Album Of The Year – Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2016.
- Highlife Song of the Year, Highlife Artiste of the Year – Ghana Music Awards UK 2016.
- Favorite Male Singer, Favorite Song Of the Year – Ghana kids Choice Awards 2016.
- Highlife Artiste of the Year – Ghana Music Honours 2017
- Honorary Award – Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Accra (2017)
- Best Hiplife Video, Best Discovery Video, Best Highlife Video, Best Storyline – MTN 4syte Music Video Awards 2013.
- Best Hiplife Song of the Year – Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2013.
- Best Highlife Song of the Year, Highlife Artiste of the Year – Vodafone Ghana Music
- Afrotunes Best International New Act – African Entertainment Awards 2015.
- Artiste of the Year – Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2016.
- Highlife Song of the Year – Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2017.
- Best Hiplife Artiste (Yard) – Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2022.
- Best Highlife Song Of The Year (Yard) – Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2022.
He owns a mansion in Accra, Ghana.
He owns a Mercedes Benz and other expensive cars.
He has an estimated net worth of $5 million.