Courses offered at the University of Ghana.
University of Ghana as a public University that provides and promote tertiary education, learning and research. The school offers admission for undergraduate courses, postgraduate, international and distance Education.
There is a wide range of courses that the University of Ghana offers to all applicants and for those who meet the criteria’s or their requirements gain admission to be a part of this premier and oldest public Institution in Ghana.
Courses offered at the University of Ghana?
We bring you a list of the courses/programmes offered at the University of Ghana. These are available undergraduate programmes at the College of Health Sciences, College of Basic and Applied Sciences, College of Humanities and College of Education.
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
School of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD).
School of Biomedical and Allied Health Sciences.
- Medical Laboratory
- occupational therapy.
School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
COLLEGE OF BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Group 1: Physical Sciences
Physics, Chemistry, Geophysics
Group 2: Mathematical Sciences
Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Biomathematics, Physics
Group 3: Earth Sciences
Geology, Applied Geology, Applied Geophysics
Group 4: Information Technology
Group 5: Biological Sciences
Animal Biology and Conservation Science, Biochemistry Cell and Molecular Biology, Nutrition, Food Science, Plant and Environmental Biology, Marine Science, Fisheries Science, Psychology, Microbiology.
Group 6: Agriculture
Animal Science, Crop Science, Soil Science, Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Post-Harvest Technology.
Group 7: Family and Consumer Science (Food and Clothing Option)
Group 8: Family and Consumer Science (Family and Child Studies Option)
Group 9: Engineering Sciences
Material Science and Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Food Process Engineering, Agriculture Engineering
Group 10: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES
University of Ghana Business School
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
University of Ghana School of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
School of Arts – Bachelor of Arts –Available in the following Departments:
- Department of Religions
- Department of Philosophy and Classics
- Department of History
- Department of Archaeology and Heritage Studies
School of Languages – Bachelor of Arts –Available in the following Departments:
- Department of English
- Department of French
- Department of Modern Languages
- Department of Linguistics
School of Social Sciences – Bachelor of Arts –Available in the following Departments:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Geography and Resource Development
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Psychology
School of Performing Arts – Bachelor of Fine Arts/Bachelor of Arts –Available in the following Departments:
- Department of Dance Studies
- Department of Theatre Arts
- Department of Music
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
School of Information and Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Information Studies
School of Education and Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts in Education
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports and Physical Culture Studies
School of Continuing and Distance Education
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts – Available in the following Departments
- Political Science
- Information Studies
- Adult Education and Human Resource Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (For professional nurses who already have a Diploma in Nursing from a recognized Nursing Training College).
The following diploma programmes are now run at the Accra, Kumasi and Tamale Learning Centres. Applicants should note that the all distance education programmes are non-residential.
- Public Administration
- Archives Administration
- Adult Education
- Youth Development Work (CYP)