How long does it take to get citizenship in Ghana
For a fact, getting a citizenship in Ghana does not take very long as compared to the other countries in the world. Citizenship in Ghana can be acquired through registration, birth, marriage, neutralization and others.
How long does it take to get citizenship in Ghana?
To officially get a citizenship in Ghana, the forms filled out by an applicant gets processed by the Ministry of interior with a time frame of 6 months after forms have been duly completed.
After a successful processing, applicants gets a citizenship Certificate and a national ID that proves he/she is now a Ghanaian.
READ ALSO: How To Become A Citizen of Ghana
Does Ghana accept dual citizenship?
Yes, Ghana accepts dual citizenship/ nationality and if you wish to apply for dual citizenship below are the procedures:
• Write an application for registration for registration as a dual citizen, addressed to the Honourable Minister of interior.
• Purchase a Form 10 at the Ministry of interior or our Deplomatic Missions Abroad.
Attachment to the Form 10
• Copies of bio-data of both Ghanaian and foreign passports.
• Four (4) recent passport sized photographs.
• Copy of naturalization certificate from foreign country.
*In the case of local applications*
• Payment of processing fee (to be paid after the process have been completed).
READ ALSO: How To Become A Navy In Ghana
For children born outside Ghana, the following are also required:
• Copy of Birth Certificate
• Copy of Ghanaian parent’s passport
• Copy of bio-data page of child’s Ghanaian and foreign passport
Replacement of dual citizenship cards
• Application letter
• Police report
• Photocopy of Dual
• Citizenship card/certificate
• Payment of processing fee
• Two (2) recent passport sized photographs.
READ ALSO: How To Become An Immigration Officer In Ghana
One (1) Month (After receipt of duly completed form)
In cases where the application does not meet the requirement, the application is sent back to applicant to meet all the requirements. If this happens, the process has to begin all over again.
Fees & Charges
• Dual Citizenship Application Form 10 – GH₵500.00
• Processing Fee – GH₵100.00 (to be paid after the processing has been completed).
You can visit the website of the Ministry of the interior : https://www.mint.gov.gh/services