Are you thinking of how to register for National service online in Ghana without stress? No need to worry, this article will guide you through the necessary requirements and procedures to go through and finish your registration with ease.
However, National service is mandatory for every students who completes tertiary. Most government or private companies makes national service one of their priority checks during job interviews. Especially, for government jobs, it’s compulsory.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR PAYMENT PINCODE AND PAY
The process below indicates how to check your payment pincode and pay on the system.
- First, visit https://portal.nss.gov.gh.
- Click on the option, Check & Pay for PINCODE, and key in your Index Number or School ID Number. Then click Search.
- Your PINCODE, NAME, PROGRAMME OF STUDY AND NAME OF UNIVERSITY will appear. The PINCODE will be in this form; NSSPXYGCC231721. Activate PINCODE by making a payment of GHS40 at any ADB Branch or through mobile money. Payment through mobile money is GHS41. One must finish this before he or she begin the online registration.
Make payment via ADB OR MTN MOMO
MAKING PAYMENT VIA MTN MOMO
You can pay the Ghc 41 via ONLINE PAYMENT METHOD or MTN USSD METHOD
- After you check PINCODE.
- Go to bottom of that page and click on CLICK NEXT TO PAY.
- Click on MTN Mobile Money Web.
- You will be asked to Enter Phone number from which the GHC 41 should be deducted. (You can insert your momo phone number. Or you can type the phone number of another person who has agreed to pay the GHC 41 on your behalf through his or her wallet. Payment confirmation will show.
At this point, go to your phone and do the approval. Or if you used another person’s MTN number, prompt the person to approve the deduction on his or her phone.
Below is how to do the Approval
Select 6 (My Wallet)
Select 3 (My Approvals)
Type in your Mobile Money PIN
Select 1 (Debit GHC 41)
Choose Option 1 to approve
After the Approval, your Pin code will be activated.
READ ALSO: How To Become A Bolt Driver In Ghana
ALTERNATIVE WAY is by using the MTN USSD METHOD
Those who use this method sometimes face problems when many people are paying at the same time.
The following are the procedures to use for the MTN USSD Method.
- Dial *170#
- Select 2 (Momo Pay & Pay Bill)
- Select 2(Pay Bill)
- Choose 5 (General Payment)
- Enter payment Code (The payment Code is NSS add a little ‘space’ then type your PIN CODE)
Take not with the payment code, the NSS and PIN CODE must be in capitals. Don’t forget to bring one space between the NSS & PIN CODE.
(Your Name will show for confirmation).
- Enter the amount which is GHC 41
- Use NSS as your reference.
- Enter your mobile money PIN.
Immediately after making the GHC 40 payment at ADB BANK. Or, GHC 41 payment via MTN MoMo, your PINCODE becomes automatically activated.
NSS will also send you text message as confirmation that, your Payment has been received.
After making the payment, you can then go to the NSS website nss.gov.gh or open this link https://portal.nss.gov.gh/registration-signing to begin the online registration process.
How To Register For National Service Online In Ghana
HOW TO COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must have one of the following valid National ID – Passport, Voters Card, SSNIT Card or Driver’s License.
- Upload a passport size photograph which should not exceed 1mb. This will be on the final certificate, therefore needs to be formal.
This process is for applicants to complete online their registration to be provided with an NSS number. Please note that the compulsory fields to be filled are with ASTERIKS (*) sign on them. You cannot continue the process without providing information it requires.
There are two ways as to how to register for national service online in Ghana;
- Go to gov.gh
- Scroll to where you checked the PIN CODE
At the bottom of the page where your Name, Course of study, index number, Pin code and other information are showing, you will see [Continue to Registration]. Click on the [Continue to Registration].
- A page shall be opened for you to enter your Index Number Date of Birth & Pin Code again.
- Then tap on ACCESS REGISTRATION FORM.
- Go to gov.gh
- Click on NSS portal.
Move through & tap on [ONLINE REGISTRATION-ENROLLMENT]
However, you can pass over the above steps.
Directly visit this link https://portal.nss.gov.gh/registration-signing
- First, enter your INDEX NUMBER, DATE OF BIRTH & PIN CODE.
Note: Always type the PINCODE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. And don’t separate the Letters from the number.
- Then click on ACCESS REGISTRATION FORM.
- You will be asked to select your Means of Identification.
- Tap on the drop down menu to select the kind of National ID you want to use.
- Types of ID are: Voter ID, SSNIT card, Driver’s license or Travelling passport.
- After choosing the ID type, enter the ID number.
- After inserting the ID number, you will see [person found].
- The image of the ID card will be show but the photo on it will not appear.
For any of the ID Cards selected, the details the system requires you to enter for ID confirmation will be blow.
NOTE: To those who do NOT have any of the compulsory 4 ID Cards (SSNIT card, PASSPORT, VOTER’s ID & DRIVER’s LINCENSE). Or those who have theirs available but the system cannot verify their ID Cards. All such people with ID problems are to select: I have other ID, verify me at NSS Regional Office
After selecting I have other ID, verify me at NSS Regional Office. You will have to scan & upload any ID card you have such as: NHIS, THE GHANA CARD. However, before you upload the scanned ID, the size must be; width: 380px by Length 260px. File size should not be more than 1.5mb
After uploading the scanned ID, the system will allow you to continue the online registration but remember to go to the NSS office with your Card when going to do the BIOMETRIC REGISTRATION.
- Check bottom of that page & click on [Confirm & Continue]
- Fill all the required information.
- Then upload passport size photograph of yourself.
- The dimensions of the photo should be 150*200 pixels. The size must not be more than 1mb.
- Passport photo with white background is accepted.
- NOTE: The registration forms are in folios. Anytime you finish with one folio, click on [Save & continue]
- All the information with asterisks (*) are compulsory to fill.
- If there’s no asterisks (*) you can decide not to fill that part or you can.
- Anytime you are typing contact number, just start 0544…. Don’t start with +233544…..
- Provide accurate and active email address.
- Be circumspect when you get to employment history page.
- You will be required to tick (yes or no). Whether you are employed or not.
- If you are not on government payroll, tick (NO). If you are on government payroll, tick (YES).
- You will be entreated to upload your study leave letter & also provide information on the institution you work with.
- Be careful when you get to [Have you previously done your national service?] Select NO except that you have done it before.
- You will also be asked to provide the Length of your trouser, waist of trouser & size of your shirt neck.
- When you get to the Industrial Preference option, just select any two of the options.
- You will be required to select 3 DIFFERENT REGIONS for placement.
- You will be requested to click on the REVIEW to check all the information you have provided.
- If all the information is correct, tap on [SUBMIT].
NOTE: YOUR CAN’T DO ANY CORRECTIONS AFTER SUBMITTING THE FINAL PAGE
- A congratulatory message will be acquired. Your NSS NUMBER, PIN CODE, INDEX NUMBER is in the congratulatory message.
- Save the congratulatory message. And also make sure you keep the exact email address you used for the online registration well. Very important thing is to Personal Dashboard. The congratulatory message & your email address.
READ ALSO: Ways To Make Phone Battery Last Longer
ATTENTION: Those who have successfully receive the Congratulations message, Kindly follow the Steps below to complete the DASHBOARD signing.
Click on Personal Dashboard
Enter your email address and your password (The email here is what you type during online registration and the Password is your PINCODE) Type Pincode in Capital LETTERS
Here you are going to Change the PINCODE as your Password to any Password you like and can easily remember.
You will be asked to type your Old Password (that’s the PINCODE)
Then type your NEW Password (that’s the new password you want to use)
NOTE: Please use any password you can remember.
You are to retype the New Password.
Select your Question
Then type your secret answer
Click on Save to complete
After this process, you will login with your email address and the New password [You cannot check or print your Posting /Appointment Letter if you fail to finish this process.]
- Finally, you are done with the online registration!
- KEEP DASHBOARD EMAIL AND PASSWORD, NSS ID/NUMBER WELL.
- You won’t necessarily have to print any form to the NSS OFFICE after Online registration. But you can print it down for evidence sake.
- The next step is to wait until the NSS releases the Posting & Appointment Letters.
However, the above are the guide lines on how to register for national service in Ghana.
In conclusion, If you can’t do the online registration on your own, kindly go to internet Cafe or get someone to help